(Redirected from Bioshock)
|The 360 game cover to BioShock.|
|Platforms||PC, PS3, 360|
|Theme(s)||Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Fantasy, Alternate Reality|
|Release Date||Aug 21, 07 (US) / PS3: Oct 21, 08 (NA), Oct 24, 08 (Intl.)|
 Plot Summary
Journey to an underwater world, once a civilization, now reduced to mania and hysteria, for what little residents are left...
You play Jack, whom we see as a man with a family, journeying over the Mid-Atlantic in the year 1960. Suddenly his plane crashes -- Jack survives and escapes the dark waters, finding dry land in what we find is the entrance to Rapture, a world built under the ocean, unfounded and inconceivable by most.
Barely minutes later, Jack sees the horror of the place he has found himself in, as a creature he finds later to be known as a Splicer (a human who has overused a genetic modification substance called ADAM) murders a man in cold blood. It is then Jack is introduced via radio to Atlas, a man who is in a similar situation, trying to get his family back.
Atlas leads you through this new world, and as your journey, you discover its secrets, while trying to find out a way out alive...
BioShock is a shooter unlike any you've ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen. You'll have a complete arsenal at your disposal from simple revolvers to grenade launchers and chemical throwers, but you'll also be forced to genetically modify your DNA to create an even more deadly weapon.....you! Injectable plasmids give you super human powers, blast electrical currents into water to electrocute multiple enemies, or freeze them solid and obliterate them with the swing of a wrench.
No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.
- An Untold World - Explore an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean.
- Every Thing is a Weapon - Turn everything into a weapon such as the environment, your body, fire and water, and even your worst enemies.
- Upgradeable Weapons & Hacking Skills - Hack devices and systems, and upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants.
- Modify Your Body - Biologically modify your body such as send fire storming from your fingertips or unleash a swarm of killer hornets hatched from the veins in your arms.
 Game Info & Guides
- Levels Walkthrough
- General Gameplay and Tips Guide (BioShock)
- Xbox 360 Achievements
- PlayStation 3 Trophies
Versions of the Game
This page has been accessed 18,016 times.